Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Life Lessons: Drinking & Driving

This morning while driving to Jena's to play, and I was sipping on a sweet protein shake, when Paige let me in on some information.


Paige: "Moooooooooooom, your gonna go to jail."
(Insert that special Oooooooohhhhhhh-I'm-Teeeeeelllllllling tone here.)
Mom: "Uh....why is that??"
(Spoken with genuine concern, I don't wanna go to jail. What was I doing? I thought I was obeying all traffic laws....seatbelts-check.....stoping on red-check......)
Paige: "Your drinking and driving! That's illegal."
(Said with the I'm-Five-And-I-Know-More-Than-You tone.)
Mom: "Paige, your not allowed to drink alcohol and drive...."
(Complete confusion on how to explain this one)
Paige: (Silence)
Mom: "Alcohol is...........like..........beer."
(I used beer for lack of another term. I know she doesn't know what liquor is, we don't drink at home.)
Paige: "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh."
(Insert the Wow-I-Thought-I-Knew-Everything-But-Perhaps-I-Was-Wrong tone here.)




Cute huh?



No comments:

Post a Comment